The effect of COVID-19 upon the world was not a small one. With remote work becoming the norm overnight workplaces and workers had to adapt to the new challenges of getting stuff done in their own homes. Now that we’ve ten months into the pandemic remote work has become even more ingrained into our culture, with some employees preferring it overworking in the office. In her book, The New Corner Office, Laura Vanderkam lays out the argument that we should continue this trend of working from home indefinitely. She argues that working from home is not only more productive but also is better for the mental health of workers everywhere.
In this episode of The Productivity Lab, Kyle and Mark discuss Larua’s arguments and apply them to their working lives to see if they are up to snuff. Listen now to see if working from home indefinitely is right for you!
Resources & Fun Stuff
- Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne & Dave King
- Maniac on Netflix
- The Heap by Jonathan K Webb (AKA Kyle)
- Before Breakest Podcast
- Working From Home Review – The Productivity Lab
- Don’t Break the Chain
More from The Productivity Lab
More from Mark & Kyle
- Mark’s personal website: askmark.io
- Mark’s Instagram & Twitter
- Kyle’s personal website: quadrantnine.net
- Kyle’s Instagram & Twitter