It might be February, but it’s never too late to plan out the year. This time we’re testing a year-long experiment: yearly themes.
Themes are different from resolutions, where resolutions notoriously fail, themes propose a different approach: they provide a filter to make all your decisions through. A theme allows you to ask yourself questions like “Is this what I should be doing right now?” or “What’s the best way to fulfill my theme today?” Instead of relying on lofty goals. A theme, in this sense, is a way of life.
In this episode of The Productivity Lab, Kyle and Mark share their themes for 2020, and why they picked them.
Resources & Fun Stuff
- 2020 Yearly Themes – Cortex
- The Theme System Journal
- Weird City: Sense of Place and Creative Resistence in Austin, Texas – Joshua Long
- Hello Internet: The Rise of Skywalker
- Eatin’ and Sippin’ Locally
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to A Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success – Shawn Stevenson
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams – Matthew Walker
- Julian Shapario
More from The Productivity Lab
More from Mark & Kyle
- Mark’s personal website: askmark.io
- Mark’s Instagram & Twitter
- Kyle’s personal website: quadrantnine.net
- Kyle’s Instagram & Twitter