It’s been over a decade since the first iPhone came out, launching the smartphone revolution. Since then smartphones have gone from a novelty to a necessity in our daily lives, and as the smart phone has grown more and more ubiquitous so have concerns about the addicting behavior associated with the smartphone.
In this episode Kyle & Mark tackle a method touted by productivity bloggers to help with smartphone addiction. According to them you can control your smartphone usage by simply going into the settings and setting your device into grayscale / monochrome. Viola, addiction and distractions averted! Can making one simple change in your phone’s display really work? Find out our review of Mobile Monochrome.
Resources & Fun Stuff
- Invisible Women
- The Water Dancer
- Brene Brown “The Power of Venurability”
- Forest App (iOS, Android)
- “Will turning your phone to greyscale really do wonders for your attention? ” – The Guardian
- “Change Your Screen to Grayscale to Combat Phone Addiction” – LifeHacker
- Take Control – Center For Human Technology
More from The Productivity Lab
More from Mark & Kyle
- Mark’s personal website: askmark.io
- Mark’s Instagram & Twitter
- Kyle’s personal website: quadrantnine.net
- Kyle’s Instagram & Twitter