In our recent review of Refuse to Choose by Barbra Sher we got interested in a concept brought up a lot throughout the book: the daybook. The daybook, aka the scanner daybook, is a system of capturing and exploring ideas as they come to you. Have a book idea? Write out your first chapter and see how it comes about? Got an idea for a hip new food truck? Use the pages of the day book to mind map out your menu ideas. Find a quote that inspires you? Add it to the next open spot in the book. The daybook is your handy dandy notebook for capturing all ideas and inspiration.
In this episode, we try out this daybook system to see if it’s as inspiring as Barbra Sher makes it out to be.
Resources & Fun Stuff
- Refuse to Choose by Barbra Sher
- Jack & the Girl – Kyle’s latest short story
- Dispatches from Quadrant Nine – Kyle’s newsletter, follow for project updates and recommendations
- Commonplace Book – Wikipedia
- Bullet Journal – Wikipedia
- Zettelkasten – The Productivity Lab
More from The Productivity Lab
More from Mark & Kyle
- Mark’s personal website: askmark.io
- Mark’s Instagram & Twitter
- Kyle’s personal website: quadrantnine.net
- Kyle’s Instagram & Twitter